BA Dance and Exercise Science, UCSB
500 RYT, Yoga teacher trainer, Yoga Tree SF
MAT Certified Classical Pilates Instructor, Metropolitan Pilates Seattle
Certificates of completion: Chi Nei Tsang (abdominal massage) and Anatomy Trains (myofascial release)
Graduate, Heartcore Leadership and PACE Club
Lauren’s love of movement and biomechanics began at an early age. Training in ballet from an early age, she learned how to take care of her body and mind for a life dedicated to rigorous movement. A professional dancer from age 16, she learned the value of massage, acupuncture, meditation and proper alignment to keep herself healthy and pain-free. A love of Yoga and Pilates ensued after debilitating foot and back injuries. She became certified to teach yoga as well as pilates to share the insights she gained from these practices.
An anatomy nerd at heart, she certified in two different massage techniques to compliment the movement arts, and utilizes a customized blend of these modalities in her work with her clients. She stands by the ethos that a “body in motion stays in motion, as well as everyone is unique, so no two people will have the same program”.
Through these physical modalities she learned how important mindset is to success in any endeavor in life. Using the philosophical principles of Buddhism and yogic teachings, Lauren began coaching students on emotional intelligence and how to use vision and meditation to manifest vision into action in life. Her coaching style is empowering and contemplative, while always focusing on how our actions affect others.
What Lauren offers:
• Posture and ergonomic evaluation
• Hands-on massage (gentle to deep tissue)
• Fascia release
• Pressure point and Reiki (energy) sessions
• Coaching in breathing, mindfulness and stress management
• Awareness training (including meditation)
• Self-massage coaching with foam rollers and massage balls
• Yoga asana (body movement)
• Pilates training (core based movement to improve spinal strength and release pain from body imbalances)